Auto Repair & Service for Calpella, CA
What Are You Looking for in an Automotive Shop?
- Are you new to Calpella, CA?
- Are you looking for a dealership alternative in Calpella, CA, for your vehicle's service, repair and maintenence needs?
- Are you looking for an auto repair shop that specilizes in your car, truck or SUV?
- Are you not happy with your current mechanic?
- Are you looking for a neighborhood auto repair shop you can trust?
- Are you looking for a family owned, independent automotive service and repair facility in Calpella, CA?
- Are you looking for an automotive service center that treats you like a part of their family?
Finding a Calpella, CA Auto Repair Shop
At West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair, we want to make finding a good automotive repair facility for people living in Calpella as easy and painless as possible. We know selecting an honest and reliable auto repair shop is not always an easy process.
Safety, quality, service and trust is what we build our reputation on—one satisfied customer at a time. We want you to tell your friends, family and neighbors about our automotive service.
Some of the scheduled maintenance & services that your car, truck or SUV may need include:
- Oil Changes
- Tune Ups
- Radiator - Coolant/Antifreeze Change/Flush
- Air Filter Replacement
- A/C - Air Conditioning
- Wheel/Tire Alignment
- Timing Belt Replacement
- Brake Inspection/Check (Brakes replaced if needed)
- Exhaust & Muffler Repair & Service
We look forward to maintaining, servicing or repairing your car, truck or SUV for years to come.
Call us at (707) 462-6920, or click here to contact us online and set an appointment—Let us become your auto repair shop.
Auto Repair Ethics In Calpella, CA
We're going to be talking about the ethics of automotive repair in Calpella. Unfortunately, every profession has some bad actors that hurt the reputation of everyone else. It's no different in the Calpella area. In the automotive world, Calpella industry associations and CA professional licensing organizations are very committed to high ethical standards.
Yet some people are still uncomfortable with automotive service and repair in Calpella.
If we understand what's recommended and the benefits of taking care of the work – and the pitfalls of putting it off – we'll have more trust in the recommendation. So communication is key. It's like going to the doctor. If she's using medical jargon and takes a lot of basic medical knowledge for granted, we have a hard time following her train of thought. We understand It can be like that with your service advisor at West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair, too. He's so familiar with all things automotive, he may forget you don't know a PCV from an EGT.
If you don't understand what your doctor's talking about: ask some questions. If you don't understand what your Calpella automotive advisor at West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair is talking about: ask some questions.
Let's go back to those ethical standards. When we hear a repair recommendation, we always ask ourselves, "Is this really necessary?" Well, here's the industry standard:
If a Calpella auto technician tells you that a repair or replacement is required, it must meet one of the following criteria:
- The part no longer performs its intended purpose.
- The part does not meet a design specification.
- The part is missing.
For example, it you take your car in for a grinding noise when you step on the brakes, you may just think you need new brake pads. After the inspection, the technician says that you have a cracked rotor and need to replace it. If you tried to get him to just put new pads on, he would say that if you didn't want to replace the rotor, he would ethically have to refuse the repair. To just put pads on a cracked rotor would have been very wrong. The brakes could've failed at anytime: they needed to be repaired – not just have a band-aid slapped on them.
Now, looking at something not so serious, West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair may suggest repair or replacement if:
- The part is close to the end of its useful life – just above discard specifications or likely to fail soon.
- To address a customer need or request – like for better ride or increased performance.
- To comply with maintenance recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer.
- Based on the technician's informed experience.
Of course, West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair has the burden of making ethical recommendations and properly educating their customers. For the customer, if you are uncomfortable with a recommendation, ask some questions. More information is always a good thing.
|Address:||850 S State Street
Ukiah, CA 95482
|Hours:||Mon-Fri: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Sat: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Our Latest Specials
FREE Code Read
Is your Check Engine or Service Engine Soon Light on? West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair is currently running a special for a:
FREE Code Read
Find out why your light is on!!!
West Coast Muffler & Auto Repair would like to announce that we now offer financing through Synchrony Bank. For more information, please click here.
Car Care Tips
Click here to read more!